Studies show the average time it takes a recruiter to review your resume is between 5-7 seconds (Undercover Recruiter). With this in mind, it’s important you take proactive steps to ensure your CV makes the best impression possible.
The infographic below by BeHiring is a fantastic preliminary resource to review for initial tips. Some quick lessons we can learn from it:
- Within 200 seconds of a job being posted, first applications begin to arrive
- There is a 17% chance your cover letter will be read
- 68% of employers will search for you on Facebook
- 1 spelling error will result in your CV being rejected
- For each job position listed, 250 applications are received on average
- 1 in 3 employers reject job candidates based on content found online
Looking to recruit or for a career change? Do not hesitate to reach out to us either on talgroup.net, in person at our head office, or by phone (+1 416 599 1825). One of our recruiting experts would be happy to begin planning your recruitment campaign for you.