Article written by Angela Hydes, Marketing and Content Contributor. Follow us at @TALGroup.
It’s that time of year again – how quickly 365 days go by! Winners of the 11th edition of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2017 competitions were announced by the Globe and Mail
on December 12th. In order to make the cut, employers had to rank competitively high in all of the following categories:
- Physical Workplace
- Work Atmosphere & Social
- Health, Financial & Family Benefits
- Vacation & Time Off
- Employee Communications
- Performance Management
- Training & Skills Development
- Community Involvement
With regard to eligibility, any employer with a head office or principal place of business in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) may apply (size is unimportant). This year’s winners set a high standard for employers across Canada, offering generous benefits and training most employees only dream of.
We’ve listed below five of the competition’s winners, who we believe offer unique benefits that set them apart from other employers on the market. If you wish to view the entire list of Top Employers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), click here.
- Health Benefits: On-site health screenings, local health & wellness events
- Financial Benefits: Share purchase plan, signing and year-end bonuses, referral bonuses of up to $6,000
- Green Sustainability & Community Involvement: Employees work from laptops (versus desktop computers) and decide where to work in the office or at home depending on their roles and commitments
- Vacation & Time Off: Employees begin with 3 weeks starting vacation, moving to 4 weeks after only 3 years with BCG; employees are also entitled up to 12 paid personal days off which can be scheduled at their discretion
- Health & Maternity Benefits: Maternal and parental leave top-up payments (up to 100% of salary for up to 17 weeks for birth mothers and adoptive parents); generous subsidies of up to $15,000 for adoption costs
- Personal Development: Tuition subsidies for job-related courses, formal mentoring and in-house career planning services
- Vacation & Time Off: Employees begin with 3 to 4 weeks starting vacation, personal paid days of, and paid time off during the winter holidays
- Health & Maternity Benefits: New mothers & adoptive parents receive up to 93% of salary for 52 weeks, fathers receive parental top-ups, subsidized access to on-site daycare upon return to work
- Personal Development: Generous tuition subsidies to George Brown on site and online training programs
- Financial Benefits: Pension and retirement sessions and preparation courses, and access to an online pension center
- Health & Maternity Benefits: Weekly message therapy for clinical staff, walking and running clubs, monthly lunch and learn wellness seminars, subsidized access to hospital’s 2,400 staff wellness center and fitness studio, fitness classes including bootcamps, pilates and yoga
- Personal Development: In-house development training, hosting numerous conferences and information sessions to share expertise, access to the “Herbie Fund” program (in which surgeons volunteer their time & expertise to treat children around the world)
- Charity & Community Involvement: With over $62 million in provided donations last year, TD Bank is one of Canada’s leading corporate donors; the bank hosts a unique online site to allow employees to match their skills to local charitable initiatives and currently 26,000+ employees are registered
- “FlexWorkPlace” Pilot Program: Includes redesigned floors with more meeting rooms, eliminated traditional offices and a “collaborative cafe” where employees can meet & work more informally
- Green & Conversation Program: TD Bank maintains 170+ LEED certified projects, including 120+ building locations with solar power generation. It is one of the first Canadian corporations to create a Chief Environment Officer to oversee environmental initiatives
If you wish to see the entire list of employers, click here. Does your organization offer any of the benefits or incentives above? If so, please leave a comment below and share with us!
Source: Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Looking to recruit or for a career change? Do not hesitate to reach out to us either on talgroup.net, in person at our head office, or by phone (+1 416 599 1825). One of our recruiting experts would be happy to begin planning your recruitment campaign for you.