Article written by Angela Hydes, Marketing and Content Contributor. Follow us at @TALGroup.
Aside from the enjoyable retro “cooking lingo”, you’ll also take away some great career lessons from the graphic below. In addition to touching on the written elements in a CV, it also delves into the mental components required for successful interview (“400 g of self belief”). Happy reading & job-hunting!
Some key takeaways:
- Every job application requires self-belief to succeed
- Your cover letter should be targeted and reflect a matching LinkedIn profile
- Don’t launch into your qualifications, clarify your direction first
- Paraphrase your skills, using two/three-word bullet points
- Utilize powerful action words throughout
- Provide tangible achievements with measurable results
- Drain away any unnecessary content
The tips below will leave you so prepared for your next application that you’ll be dancing, just like Lucy here:
Pretty helpful, amiright?
If you would like to discuss next steps in your career path, don’t hesitate to reach out. One of our recruitment experts would be happy to review your resume and discuss options, your expectations and professional goals. Call us at (416) 599 1825 or e-mail us here.